Custom Search

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Defining Marriage

A friend of mine at 4and20blackbirds was talking about "The Purpose of Marriage" on his blog the other day and I have to say that I have never seen the topic covered so well and with such clarity and dignity. I just had to put a link to it because as a liberal married father of five daughters I don't need the marriage between my wife and I defined by the government. I personally think that marriage should be defined by the two people that enter into the marriage. Marriage isn't something that should ever be entered into lightly. It is a life long commitment to one another.

I don't ever want my government or any political party telling me if my marriage is okay or "Illegal"! George Bush, Bill Frist and Deny Hastert have no business in peoples relationships or marriages. The only reason this topic is on the US Senate floor is to ram down the throats of the people more hate. We are full up Senator Frist. Find something else to pedal...

Papamoka
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger Denise (Dee Dee) said...

You make a good point and the government doesn't have any business getting involved in our private relationships and affairs. I also feel that 40 billion plus dollars of taxpayers money shouldn't have been used to investigate the private life of Bill Clinton even if he was the President. Our private life is just that "Private" and as long as my actions are not harming others or involving myself and others in a criminal act then it is none of the governments business what I do, who I do it with and where I do it. It is irrelevent whether I agree or disagree with who someone marries because it is none of my business. Tying religious principles to government policies is not what our forefathers had in mind when writing the Constitution.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

You are preaching to the choire Dee Dee....

Everyone sees through these tactics that the Mini Publican's are pulling and everyone knows they are just playing to the party base.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home