Custom Search

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family Doubts Raised on McCain - Palin



The stories of doubt and lack of full support are popping up against John McCain and Sarah Palin not only from conservatives but from their own family members. Frankly, I’m not overly surprised seeing that John McCain had only briefly met Governor Palin just twice before he picked her to be his Vice President nominee.

Not that your own mother-in-law’s vote should be any measure but you have to give her some credit for not blindly throwing her full support behind Governor Palin as Vice President. Over at the New York Daily News they have this to say about it…

Sarah Palin's mother-in-law uncertain about how she'll vote
BY NANCY DILLON
DAILY NEWS WEST COAST BUREAU CHIEF


WASILLA, Alaska - Sarah Palin's hometown rallied around her as mayor - now Republicans wonder if the rest of America will warm up to the surprise pick from cold country.

Though her mother-in-law has doubts.

Faye Palin admitted she enjoys hearing Barack Obama speak, and still hasn't decided which way she'll vote.

"We don't agree on everything. But I respect her passion," she said. "Being pro-life is who Sarah is."
- New York Daily News

Then you have the outright declaration that Cindy McCain’s half sister is definetly voting for Barack Obama. Over at US Magazine they had a little chat with Kathleen Hensley Portalski and this is what she had to say…

Cindy McCain's Half Sister: "I'm Voting for Barack Obama"
Thursday August 28, 2008


Cindy McCain's half sister is planning on voting for Barack Obama, she tells Usmagazine.com.

"I'm not voting for McCain," Kathleen Hensley Portalski tells Us. "I have a different political standpoint.
"I'm voting for Obama," the Phoenix resident says. "I think his proposals to improve the country are more positive and I'm not a big war believer."

Portalski, 65, and the potential first lady, 54, have the same father: Jim Hensley, the founder of the beer distributor Hensley and Co. that Cindy McCain now chairs.

SNIP - Looks like more of the family not jumping on the McCain-Palin band wagon.

Portalski's son Nathan, a 45-year-old aerospace machinist, is also backing Obama.

"I wouldn't vote for John McCain if he was a Democrat," he tells Us. "I would not vote at all before I'd vote for him.

"I question whether Cindy is someone I'd want to see in the White House as first lady," he adds.
- US Magazine


It should be an interesting Thanksgiving dinner for these two families this year?

Papamoka

Labels: , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great. Good for both family members thinking for themselves.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

I'm wondering if any of the kids from his first marriage are voting for him? Not sure if there are any but I'm going to be looking into it...

Thanks for the comment Crystal!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home