Custom Search

Monday, July 03, 2006

Fourth of July and Family

I personally love the Fourth of July weekend for so many reasons. Foremost is that one of my daughters is a Fourth of July Birthday Girl. The other reason is all the family and friends cookouts that you get to go to. I love showing off my five daughters to the world and to our family. I'm so proud of each and everyone of them. Granted I'm biased but they are all very beautiful girls and they make their Daddy proud.

I like cookouts because you get to see people you love and care deeply about but you don't get much opportunities to see them other than funerals. I prefer cookouts over funerals anyday of the week. Cookouts you get to laugh at stupid stuff and make fun of life and enjoy one anothers company.

Yesterday, I was at the family barbecue and festive event and had so many opportunities to hear where people in the family are in the world politically. I was kind of shocked being in the liberal capitol of the world in Mass a Two Sticks. Then again I wasn't. Nobody in the family would ever vote for Hillary for President but then again not many of them vote? You learn something new every day whether you wanted to or not.

It makes me wonder though how you could be so much against a possible candidate but then again you aren't going to vote anyway? How common is this same cookout going on across America? I don't know the answer to that one but I'm pretty sure its up there percentage wise higher than George Bush popularity rating.

Enjoy your Fourth of July holiday and remember a veteran in your prayers that never made it home.

Papamoka

Feel free to link this page to yours and spread the word.....
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Happy Independence Day, papa.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home