Custom Search

Friday, May 26, 2006

Memorial Day 2006

I have the long weekend in the back of my mind. Many of folks forget what this weekend is all about but that is okay. If you spend the time with friends and family and enjoy one anothers company then you have paid tribute to the idea behind the holiday.

Somewhere off in this scary world of ours is and eighteen or nineteen year old son or daughter serving in our military that is going to lose their life to defend our right to put a hamburger on the grill and top it off with a wad of cheese. Add some ketchup or whatever condiment you want and you have a meal to love at a barbecue. Laughs and bonding with friends and family is what we are about and that is what I love about this country. That is what our kids in service to our country are wiling to give up their own life for. Mom or Dad, Grandpa or Grandma, sisters and brothers tossing horse shoes or bitching about the weather and enjoying one anothers company. America is a complex experiment and so many people forget that the ones that paid the greates price would do it over and over again to see just what the end result is. Freedom.

Thank a vet, I never had the priveldge to be one but my dad was my greatest hero for serving his county in not one war but two. Not once in my memory did he ever ask for thanks from his country, he just did what he and so many others voluntered to do. They served for the greater good.

Thank You Dad and all that served in the past and are serving today for this great nation of ours. God Bless You All!

Papamoka
AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

While I hope that this year there will not be a partisan political speech by the CINC as there was last November, I can say that I hope Americans everywhere take the time to remember those of us who are serving and who have served.

My time in the Air Force helped make me who I am, and I wouldn't be where I was but for it.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

Thank you Sphouch for your service to your country. All vets like you and those that never came back will forever be in my prayers.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home