Custom Search

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

DSS Hacks not Doing Their Jobs!


Just for giggles I was over at the DSS site for Mass and I found the link to how they can take your children away from you if you are accused of neglect. Child abuse is not something to look the other way at and I for one support protecting children first. Kids need to grow up in a safe environment and most parents provide that home to their children.

What about the abuse of the system when DSS looks the other way simply because they have other case with less stringent accusations to investigate? What about the kids that just didn’t seem important enough to the DSS investigator to go the extra mile to find the child and parents till it was too late?

This case from July of 2007 shows the negligence of DSS in Mass and how they dropped the ball and the child paid the price for their mistake. Boston.com has this on Bryan James and his abuse of children that I covered here back in the day as well…

NEW BEDFORD -- As doctors continued caring for a mutilated 3-year-old, allegedly bitten and battered by her mother's live-in boyfriend, Department of Social Services officials said yesterday that social workers investigating early-warning signs of suspected abuse said she was never home when they visited so they did not complete their inquiry.

As a result, the girl was left to live four more months with the couple, a man who had been convicted on assault and biting charges, and her mother, who prosecutors say was willing to cover for him.

The girl first came to the attention of DSS officials in January, after suffering a broken tooth and bruising that a physician called suspected abuse. DSS officials said they were unable to find and interview the girl, delaying any legal action on their part. New Bedford police, meanwhile, dropped their investigation after accepting explanations for the injuries given by Jessica Silveira, 26, the girl's mother.
- Boston.com

Was there a parent that was not packing the proper snacks for their child’s school lunch that warranted it being investigated? Maybe a parent that was late for a school pick up was being investigated? Or it could have been that the family bread winner lost his job and the insurance could no longer provide for medical coverage? Medical coverage is mandated by the state of Mass and if you don’t have it, you are doubly screwed and DSS can file neglect charges because of the lack of medical coverage.

The land of the free has been replaced by the Soviet Union of bureaucrats in the ultimate model of the perfect peoples collective. That state would be alive and well in the local DSS office where they feel free to run the KGB on families with no distinction of innocence on the accused parents.

What happened that they didn’t have enough time to look at real abuse in the case of the animal known as Bryan James?

When DSS starts acting like a real family protection agency that actually protects children then I will gladly give them credit for a job well done. When it comes to children, there is no Ooops! We missed this one even though we had an open case on it is not a reasonable excuse.

Papamoka

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a woman who grew up in the foster care system. I am now 24 years old, working to better the lives of inocent children. I was adopted out of the system when i was 16years old. My brother was still in foster care when i was 19 and had my own apartment. For five years i faought for the gardianship of my brother. The state told me that i couldnt do it, and never gave me a chance. He is now adopted by a female couple. What kind of system is this? I also obtained my foster care licence. I fight my whole life for my life, and then fight my whole teen years into adult hood for my brother and nothing. I dont understand it.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

I'm so sorry that the system has let you down. Your life story really touched my heart and I thank you for telling it here. All I can say is that you seem to be a strong willed person and in your life you are choosing to be a better person even though DSS screwed you and your brother over.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home