Custom Search

Monday, March 19, 2012

The Power of Prayer


Do you believe in the power of prayer? I tend to have my own relationship with God and his many followers, and of course Jesus Christ. I don't wear it on my sleeve. We have our own personal thing gong on. But when friends and loved ones get into some kind of trouble I always find myself having a personal conversation with some folks in the form of a prayer.

I pray to my mom who died in 1992, my dad who died in 2003, and my grandparents on both sides that passed decades ago. I fully believe that there is a heaven, I fully believe that that is where I too some day will go, and I fully believe that family always watches over you. Ergo, they hear my little prayers for people I love on the radar. I like to think of it as my angels network. Sometimes I have them on speed dial and keep calling them when someone is really in trouble. It's what I do privately to myself.

Many a night years ago, when one of my little girls was sick, I would stay up holding them or watching them closely. As I paced in nervousness that a worried dad will do I prayed for my babies to get well to anyone and all that would listen. Did it work? I have no clue. But I still have five daughters to be thankful for on this earth.

Faith is a funny thing. You can wear it like a shield to insult the masses or you can use it for what it was intended for. Love of another person on this earth. Give faith a chance and you might just be surprised.

Some people may never understand this concept of the power of prayer. I'm not one to argue with them. It's my personal faith. And that is never going to change. I wear that part of my life like a blanket that keeps me warm and I like it.

Papamoka

Labels: , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

5 Comments:

Blogger John Myste said...

I had faith last night, for several hours, until finally I woke up and found a blanket.

10:55 AM  
Blogger John Myste said...

going

7:04 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

Going where John?

7:08 PM  
Blogger John Myste said...

I was very cold, but I didn't do anything about it. I was too out of it. I kept thinking it would be handled. I was not awake. Once I awoke and got a blanket, my faith diminished.

7:53 PM  
Blogger John Myste said...

I find it very strange when someone starts a thought, but then, right in the mid

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home