Custom Search

Friday, June 27, 2008

Papamoka Traffic and Visitors


I’m thinking that my little political blog site Papamoka Straight Talk is an enigma machine that can not be explained. From my calculations from sources I use to track this site we have been seen in some form or another by over 500,000 visitors from feeds, links, and mutual interest contributions since December of 2007. In that respect I’m a little bit humbled since I stumbled on this information today. To see my written work in so many places made me proud and yet a little bit intimidated. When you consider the sources that have linked to this site it is just a little bit breath taking. Many of the sources linking to this site use the posts free of charge and I have never charged anyone for linking to any post I've written. Never! I'm cool with that because my work has been seen by 500,000 people all over the world. Who knows, it could be more than that with links from links and links from that link etc.

I’ve always tried to just write what I feel and I was amazed to find out where Papamoka shows up! Google search Papamoka yourself and we are here, there, and everywhere. Even in languages I do not speak they have Papamoka post links.

What simply baffles me is that on some search engines, this site is above many of the main stream media houses. I’m not one to even second guess how that works but I’m happy that it is what it is. This Worcester Mass a Two Sticks blogger is proud of the work he has put out there on the internet for anyone to read. Maybe the old advice for bloggers is still true that it is after all about content.

Just something for me to think about when writing what I do, I guess. Thanks to all the folks putting us out there and everywhere. God bless you and keep you happily coming back to this site for more of what my contributors and I have to say. No charge per word, just a kind link back to the original post is much appreciated.

The question remains, if Papamoka Straight Talk is linked to a post, is there any legal damage if someone quotes my work? I put it out there on the internet that is a free media source. Is that not the same thing as any main stream media house that puts their work on the internet? I thank them all for using my works and encourage more of the same status quo. I have no monetary gain from blogging, it's a work of passion. I love writing and if you are reading it somewhere else that links back to my original work then I'm good to go. In that respect, bloggers need to credit the sources of the material they write on. But, by all means feel free to keep borrowing the work here! Traffic is growing...

Papamoka

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Blogger The GTL™ said...

Bro, your traffic's growing because you're G-O-O-D and you deserve it! Successful growth follows great content as you consistently post here and everywhere else you post. Don't forget, more than your own 500,000 readers have seen your work -- your great work over at The GTL has been exposed to another 1,000,000-PLUS also, not to mention your work over at BIO too. Now if we can just figure out how to retire with income from our sites, we'll be doing good, eh bro? I clicked on your sponsors as always, BTW ;-)

I can relate to the feeling of responsibility that comes with suddenly realizing your site is HUGE. Happened the same way to me in fact. Until Meggy told me and taught me how to track stats, I also had no idea so many read The GTL. I had to sit down after I realized she wasn't joking... lol.

Anyhoo, my brother... keep up the GREAT work and I believe you'll realize your dream of becoming an internationally known and respected writer who earns a living doing it. Blog ON!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

I totally forgot all the time that I wrote over at the Gun Toting Liberal Gunny!!! Holy poop! Thank you for the kind compliments my friend and if an when I find a way to make a living doing just this, then you will be the first person I let know.

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home