Custom Search

Thursday, June 19, 2008

MBA Clears Up AP Issue


I owe the Associated Press a huge apology. With all the hype over AP allegedly going after the Drudge Retort with a law suit, the whole matter was a very large misunderstanding. In an email from a fellow blogger I received a link to Media Bloggers Association that has all of the facts behind the AP issue with Drudge Retort. You can read it here. MBA is a group of volunteers that mediate on behalf of bloggers. They are a bloggers best friend when it comes to freedom of speech on the internet.
After reading all of the facts I have to say that I agree with the AP. Drudge Retort was posting entire articles including the headlines from the Associated Press and that is copyright infringement.

Wrapping this story up with a huge apology to the Associated Press.

Papamoka
****My friend over at the Gun Toting Liberal has linked to this post with his own thoughts on this issue...
Syndicated TO:

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I havent' read the whole article yet but one thing I do know..I do not appreciate that AP was painted as a villain when in fact it was quite the opposite.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

What amazes me is that there was not anyone defending AP including AP anywhere online? I have to agree with you that the real victim here was AP!

Thanks for the link love on your site Dusty! I have to say, I'm addicted to your site... :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

Check out the Gun Toting Liberal and his views on this issue. Thank you for linking back here GTL!

Gun Toting Liberal is a must read if you love the dilema that is politics. You rock Gunny!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home