Custom Search

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Ante up and Count Your Cards…



Picture courtesy of Poker.com

This is a second installment for Papamoka Straight Talk of what folks I enjoy reading are saying around the web. Some of them link here and some may not. Let's just deal out the cards that are politics and see what everyone has to offer this week? Each one a very well written piece from the authors perspective…

As you may or may not know the White House under the direction of Karl Rove decided to use a secret e-mail account (gwb42.com) in order to get around various laws such as the Presidential Records Act and the Hatch Act. – Specious Reasoning

Regarding Imus:

My biggest complaint is, what the hell ever happened to free speech? I know what he said was stupid, I'm not that bad. If I had a daughter and someone referred to her as a "Nappy headed hoe", I'd be a little tweaked. But isn't Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage, Ann Coulter, Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Michelle Malkin, Neil Boortz, just as bad? My Buddy Eric over at Bushflash.com feels about the same way I do. His write up about it was absolutely hilarious!

I dunno, I just feel the air of free speech in America is being sucked out of the atmosphere and I c-c-c-can't b-b-b-breathe! (turning blue)
– The Populist

Our Culture Of Pre-Packaged Apologies – Gun Toting Liberal

I’m really kind of sick of hearing about this jerk. – The Moderate Voice

On Barack Obama:

How can you tell the Republican Party is terrified of Barack Obama's rise to prominence? Following his appearance on Letterman last night, they put together a Top 10 list of his worst "fabrications." If this is his "top" 10, I must say he's in pretty good shape. Look at the pathetic smear attempts:

Crooks and Liars

On the War in Iraq:

This from a British woman whose son died in Iraq: "I'm very proud of my son. I'm ashamed of my government for sending him to this war. Also, in my opinion, they keep going on about democracy, surely we need it here. Because our own government don't listen to what we want."

Certainly, a plurality of Americans want the U.S. out of Iraq, and as of last year, most of the troops thought we should leave. The Senate Republicans are starting to crack. But Bush and his Boltonettes will have to be dragged out kicking and screaming, whether by congressional insistence or by the final term limit on his presidency
. – Pacific Views


Papamoka


Thanks to the Gun Toting Liberal for linking to this post

Technorati Tags:, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home