Custom Search

Monday, September 22, 2008

Wind Power in my Neighborhood


My friend Jeff at Wormtown Taxi has been taking pictures of a Wind Turbine going up at Holy Name in Worcester. I live in the city of seven hills and frankly many of these bad boys grabbing free energy from the wind would be nice to see on all seven hills!

I am huge in support when it comes to wind power to the point that I wanted a little egg beater up on our house but the wife won out. Now I can argue that I could have put this sucker in the back yard! Having been up to the site several times I can see why they chose Holy Name for the location. The wind is always blowing up there and the prospects of paying off this project are not in decades but just a couple of years.
Make no doubt about it, this is the top story for New England! You will not see a turbine wind powered machine like this in the Boston, Providence, or Hartford skyline. Worcester has put its foot first. You can see this wind power machine from pretty much all over the city and it sends a clear message to the people holding a knife to our throats for energy needs.
Thank you Holy Name and all the other parties responsible for this next step to energy independence. One wind turbine takes that much out of the polution in the air and even more out of the pockets of people thinking they own us.
Papamoka

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bf got some great pics of it from our roof... www.4rilla.blogspot.com

5:41 AM  
Blogger Pink Granite said...

I agree that this is a big deal for Worcester!
There have been wind turbines in Princeton for several years. But having this in a major urban center sends a powerful message.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home