Custom Search

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Who Stole George W Bush?


Has the magnetic field of the Earth switched poles or could it be that this is opposite month. Something isn’t right in the cosmos because Washington is suddenly full of Liberal acting Republican’s and it goes all the way up to the White House. It’s freaking me out personally because if this is the case then I might just be a closet Republican. YUCK! I’m heading for the shower while you read this full post from the Washington Post I‘m grabbing my rubber ducky, I need my safe place…

Gates Urges Increased Funding for Diplomacy
Secretary Calls for Use of 'Soft Power'

By Ann Scott Tyson Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 27, 2007; Page A02


Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates called yesterday for a "dramatic increase" in the U.S. budget for diplomacy and foreign aid, arguing that al-Qaeda does a better job than Washington of communicating its message overseas and that U.S. deployment of civilians abroad has been "ad hoc and on the fly."

In a speech that emphasized the importance of "soft power" to prevent and end conflicts, Gates suggested beefing up the State Department's foreign affairs budget of $36 billion, even as he acknowledged that Pentagon observers might consider it "blasphemy" for a sitting defense secretary to make such an appeal for another agency.
- Washington Post

I’m still thinking this is opposite month. The Secretary of Defense calling for more funding for diplomacy in a Bush administration is like Teddy Kennedy giving a speech on cutting spending in the budget for children and family services. These two things don’t go together. What’s next, President Bush actually giving a crap about real peace in the middle east between Israel and Palestine?

Get the hell out! Bush is hosting a summit about peace? I’m feeling the vapors. My eyes do not believe the sights I see. No matter how much I rub them it still comes out that Bush is talking peace. Maybe I’m having a bad reaction from the cold medication we New Englanders consume like water at this time of the year. Then again I smell a rat… Where is the camera, this has got to be a joke on me by my friends over at Crooks and Liars. Maybe it’s was Steve Soto over at The Left Coaster, he likes to kid around with my head. If it wasn’t him then I bet the Gun Toting Liberal put them up to it. That hot ticket… really, where are the cameras? No joke on me? No cameras either huh? Maybe I should take an Advil or something because my head is starting to hurt. If this is true then my up is down and my right is left and the sun will come up at midnight. I better warn the wife to lay out my clothes for work for the next couple of weeks or I’m going to look like Bozo. This is debilitating for me.

Maybe President Bush found a bag of peanuts from the Jimmy Carter administration and he’s having an allergic reaction. The Oval Office is big and the desk has a lot of drawers. The peanuts could have been way back in one of the drawers and got loose and maybe George was hungry after his nap aka cabinet meeting. I’m getting worried as a citizen given the VP Dick Cheney’s heart problem. He’s next in line to the ascension to the thrown ya know! Turns out they found he actually had a heart and that is another opposite day scenario.

I’m heading back to the shower because my skin is starting to crawl. Read this piece from the Washington Post while I soap up and rinse…

Bush: 'Worth It to Try' on Mideast Peace
By TERENCE HUNT The Associated Press
Tuesday, November 27, 2007; 6:57 PM

WASHINGTON -- Hours after opening a Mideast conference, President Bush said Tuesday he was worried about the consequences if the search for peace failed but declared, "It is worth it to try."

Bush cautioned it would take time for Israelis and Palestinians to reach an agreement. The goal is to reach an accord within 14 months by the end of Bush's presidency.

"I don't think it's a risk to try for peace," the president said in an Oval Office interview with reporters from The Associated Press. "I think it's an obligation."

While Bush has been criticized for standing back from Mideast peacemaking for most of his presidency, he described himself as "very engaged, up to the moment" in bringing Israel, the Palestinians and more than 40 countries together for a conference in Annapolis, Md., to launch the first major peacemaking effort in seven years. The last significant attempt at Mideast peacemaking was at the end of the Clinton administration in 2000. Its failure was followed by a Palestinian uprising and violence.

He pronounced the Annapolis gathering a "successful conference" primarily because of the international participation that he said he had worked very hard personally to make a reality. "A moment like today just doesn't happen. It requires work to lay the groundwork for," Bush said.
- Washington Post

None of this makes sense to me other than a well planned strategy to make the Republican Party not look like Darth Vader for the run up to the next election. No offense to Darth Vader intended.

Does this or does this not take the sails out of the Democrat’s running for President if Bush actually manages not to blow the Annapolis summit? This charade loads the guns for McCain, Giuliani and Romney to play to the base that the “Me TOO!” Bush factor continues but with a spin that is so far from the real Bush that it just might work for them.

I’m thinking that President Bush and his staff hacked into the Joe Biden web site and stole his notes. Okay, maybe they clicked on the web site and had an epiphany and saw that Joe is right.

Bush is looking for his legacy and he has a year or more to make some impact that does not involve troops invading other countries because they simply hate Americans. He needs a showcase piece that he’s pretty sure that he can get Exxon Mobil to fund but he needs it to look nice without tanks and missiles.

I’m heading back to the shower… It may be heard from my bathroom the words “There’s no place like home, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home.”

Maybe Michael Linn Jones is messing with me and he orchestrated this whole thing as an early birthday gag. I’m sure tomorrow the world will be righted again and Republican leaders will be the same old Republican’s again. You know, take from the poor and give to the rich and stomp on anyone that does not think the same as them. I can only hope.

Wash, rinse, repeat… I just can’t get this slime pretend political stuff off of my skin.

Papamoka

Feel free to link to this post…

Labels: , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I'm not surprised that Bush is looking to make his mark in the Middle East peace process. If I remember correctly, both George Sr. and Clinton sought to negotiate peace in the Middle East near the end of their terms, as a way to have some sort of legacy.

5:29 AM  
Blogger The GTL™ said...

Heh... thanks for the mention, my friend...

Bush peace is an oxymoron. Like you alluded -- there's gotta be a big oil buck in it for the Prez to be interested. His "legacy" has already been sewn, and history will not look kindly upon President Bush. Blog ON, bro!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home