Custom Search

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ante Up and Count Your Cards…


Link and graphic provided by Poker.com

This is a first installment for Papamoka Straight Talk of what folks I enjoy reading are saying around the web. Some of them link here and some may not. Let's just deal out the cards that are politics and see what everyone has to offer this week? Each one a very well written piece from the authors perspective…

My new friend Lefty over at A View From Battleship Cove has this to say about Durffe High School in Fall River, MA and the manipulation of graduation numbers. Statistics may not be what you read in the papers when you really look at the numbers. Great piece Lefty!


The Gun Toting Liberal has a very amazing piece on the abusive treatment of our troops that are injured and cared for at Walter Reed far out of the view of cameras, politicians, and the MSM. Based on a Washington Post article on Walter Reed Veterans Hospital. Must read in my honest opinion!

There is a follow up piece on The Gun Toting Liberal by another good friend Michael Linn Jones that is and amazing contributor at the Gun Toting Liberal.

The Moderate Voice and Michael van der Galien has an indepth piece on Iraqi insurgents focusing on our Air Force in Iraq and downing more aircraft to date this year than in all of 2006. Focusing efforts on ambushing the rescuers from the US Military afterward.

My friends over at The Left Coaster has a long running investigation into what is going on with the I. Scooter Libby trial. He’s the guy on trial taking the heat for the President and Vice President for outing Valerie Plame, an undercover CIA agent. Interesting read on all the posts they have covered on it. Great Job!

Crooks and Liars has this interesting opinion on the nations new leaning toward the Left of the political spectrum. I’m not sure if I agree with the piece but understand the fact that the media is more left now than even a year ago. Something to think about.

4&20Blackbirds has anything going on in Montana politics covered. State politics pretty much but some of the stuff Jay writes is national and amazing. Teen licensing of provided programs is a great piece

My friend Jesse over at the Idea Critic has local Boston, MA issues and life in the big city covered. We both covered the last governors race and my candidate won this time. See you in the next race Jesse! Blog on my friend!

I’ve got nothing in my hand this round of the card game but I will be back for another hand my friends. Ante up...

Papamoka


Technorati Tags:, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home