Obama's Road to Recovery
I'm thinking we can let the numbers do the talking when it comes to the recreation of jobs in America post President Bush.
"One year ago tomorrow, after tens of thousands of you shared stories and called your representatives, the President signed the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act." - David Plouffe
Just for giggles maybe we should look at a few of the things that the President's plan has accomplished so far. I wouldn't call it a full recovery when the bars are still in the negative range no matter how small a number that might be. After-all, those numbers are not just numbers but actual people that have lost their jobs in the latest economic downturn aka recession.
The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act:
- Cut taxes for 95 percent of working families through the Making Work Pay tax credit
- Cut taxes for small businesses
- Provided loans to over 42,000 small businesses
- Funded over 12,500 transportation construction projects nationwide, ranging from highway construction to airport improvement projects
- Made multi-billion dollar investments in innovation, science and technology that are laying the foundation for our 21st century economy
- Provided critical relief for state governments facing record budget shortfalls, including help to prevent cuts to Medicaid and creating or saving over 300,000 education jobs
***Propeller has linked in with 16 Props... Thanks!