Custom Search

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Been There and Done That


One of the things I truly enjoy is attending a well done musical play. Most of the plays and musicals that we have seen have been small productions by community acting groups and I do have to say that they were pretty damn good.

That had me wondering how was it that I caught this bug? Back a few years we go in the way back machine… It was Evita that was playing at the Auditorium in Worcester. My wife had bought the tickets for my birthday and my first thoughts were that she didn’t buy the tickets for me. You know the thought process, you buy your wife a circular saw for her birthday because you really want the latest model saw. And you know damn well she hates all forms of power tools but you do it anyway. Don’t get me wrong, the thought is what counts. Thus we reverse the process, she bought me tickets to a musical knowing that up to that point in my life I had opted out of every possible opportunity to actually be forced to attend one. She on the other hand had previously attended dozens of them and loved each and every single one.

I was so amazed at the production of Evita that I bought the sound track cassette on the way out. I’d listen to it over and over to the point that the wife was ready to hang me by the soundtrack tape. Ever since then we have attended many more plays and musicals and most of the time, yours truly buys the soundtrack on the way out with one rule of law understood, headphones are so I can enjoy the music and not annoy everyone else.

Video Link




I apologize to all you Evita fans for putting this song back in your head. I woke up this morning humming this particular song. Posting this video was the only way I could get it to stop playing over and over again in my own head. You don’t want to know what words my brain was using in place of the actual lyrics.

Now all I have to do is find where the actual soundtrack is in the house? Think like the wife and where would she have hidden it?

Papamoka

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

9 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

I have never been to a musical in my life, and I live just 2 hours from NYC! Oh well... I have Winnie the Pooh and Barney songs in my head all day, every day LOL!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

SUE!!! You have to go to a musical!!! OMG, I think you would really love it.

Then again, I've had a few Barney songs stuck in my head over the years... Oh damn, now you have infected my head with one... Damn it! "I love you, you love me, were one happy family..."

Damn, this could take hours to get out. Anyone have a brain plunger for this kind of menace?

3:39 PM  
Blogger LeftyLadi said...

Yes, Sue! There is nothing like a live musical! When Broadway Musicals started to come to Sacramento about 15 years ago, my husband and I went to one every chance we got.

Papamoka, love the clip! Did you see Jersey Boys? Sue, that one was about Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons who started their singing group right there in your state! Loved that one!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Aaaah theres nuttin like a Jersey boy! "I love you, you love me, we're best friends like friends should be. With a great big hug and a kiss for you and me, won't you say you love me too"... LOLOL!! Makes my sweet Amelia tear up when Barney sings that!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

shoot, that should be "a kiss for me and you", It didn't rhyme the other way! LOL :-)))

6:06 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

No I haven't seen the Jersey Boys Nancy but I'll put it on my to do list. Been there, and done that...

Thanks Sue, at two in the morning I'm going to be cursing your name as the giant purple dinosaur sings in my head... STILL!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Frodo Nureyev said...

Frodo became a ballet freak when he was forced to go see the "Stars of the Bolshoi" when he was in high school. He was impressed by the knots of muscle in the calves and the fact that those guys could "sky."
On the other hand, he hated "Evita" because the sound quality of the stage production was so poor. He had trouble understanding a single syllable from "Che." Had it not been for Antonio Banderas in the movie, Frodo would've also passed on Madonna's massacre of the starring role.
Now, repeat these words one time, "It's a small world after all."
Sorry, couldn't resist.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

Shh...It happens. Some get it and others don't Frodo. I just had it stuck in my head.

Now that I think about it, I have never seen a ballet show.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Papamoka said...

Frodo I'm pissed at ya now my friend. I can't get "Its a small world after all" out of my freakin head. This is war... LOL, ROFLMAO!

Somewhere over the rainbow...

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home