Custom Search

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rick Warren is No Billy Graham Mr. President-Elect

Good Morning Papamoka Bloggers - I understand it, but I can't believe it. Barack Obama has chosen Orange County preacher Rick Warren to give the invocation at his inauguration. It makes sense politically (for the next election at least), but it's a real slap in the face to the people who feel that Rick Warren isn't the open-minded saint many make him out to be.

The move positions Warren to succeed Billy Graham as the nation’s preeminent minister, but Billy Graham was known to be very bipartisan - or apolitical. Warren has been involved in many political movements, at least here in California. He was a main supporter of Proposition 8 that TOOK RIGHTS AWAY from gays and lesbians. He's also known as a major supporter of Republican causes.

As I always promised, I WILL CRITICIZE DEMOCRATS when I feel they deserve it. In this case, I think Barack could have made a better choice. I would have preferred Jeremiah Wright, if only to piss off the far right. No matter what, there were many better candidates. I think Warren was a very bad decision, no matter how political it may be. Rick Warren will need to evolve before I consider him representative of all Americans. Bad choice Barack.

Michael Boh
Papamoka's Left Coast Contributor
from Our Rants & Raves Blog

Labels: , , ,

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home